The European Commission has published an Action Plan for a comprehensive Union policy on preventing Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing (ML/TF) built on six pillars:
1. Ensuring the effective implementation of the existing EU AML/CFT framework;
2. Establishing an EU single rule book on AML/CFT;
3. Bringing about EU level AML/CFT supervision;
4. Establishing a support and cooperation mechanism for FIUs;
5. Enforcing Union-level criminal law provisions and information exchange;
6. Strengthening the international dimension of the EU AML/CFT framework.
The Commission has also published a related Public Consultation inviting stakeholders to give feedback on the Action Plan of which the deadline is 29 July 2020.