Panu Peltola is the Chief Compliance Officer of LocalBitcoins Ltd, one of the leading and longest-running peer-to-peer bitcoin marketplaces in the world headquartered in Helsinki, Finland. Panu holds a master’s degree in economics and has over twenty years of work experience within the financial sector, of which some fifteen years within compliance and operational risk management in an international context. Panu’s core expertise relate to:
– Capital markets, investment banking and wealth management (incl. fund management, private banking and retail investment services);
– Development of compliance and risk management functions;
– Organizational requirements, investor protection and market abuse;
– Anti-Money laundering and counter-terrorist financing; and
– Privacy and data protection.